We’ve lots of activities over the weekend.
- Free Canal boat rides
- Our largest ever collection of canal longboats, in the Brighouse Canal Basin
- Wonderful flowers at the Brighouse Canal Basin
- Free Live Music in Brighouse town centre
- Street Market with over 70 stalls of locally produced foods and crafts
- Children’s activities
- Miniature steam train rides
- Vintage vehicles
- Fun fair
- Information stalls and much, much more so it’s going to be a fun packed weekend for all the family
Free Canal Rides
For everyone who is visiting the Brighouse Canal and Music festival, canal rides are free for all! All ages are welcome, simply visit the Brighouse Canal, behind Brighouse Sainsbury’s, between 10am-5pm Saturday and Sunday to check availability. (Sainsbury’s, Mill Lane, Brighouse, HD6 1PQ)
Volunteers from the Calder Navigation Society and Safe Anchor Trust will be on hand to organise the running of the canal rides, so please say hello! If you don’t get chance to ride, our largest ever selection of longboats will be moored up in the Brighouse Canal basin, along with lot’s of wonderful flower displays, so have a walk and take it all in. Plus, see the locks in action as boats arrive.
Most of all, enjoy your weekend!